Saturday, March 14, 2015

US Consulate Medical Appointment

Blog update:  We were up and going early this morning!  We had to be in the hotel lobby to leave for the US consulate medical appointment. I might not have clarified things...we are in Guangzhou to finalize the American side of the adoption. There are around 8 wonderful Lifeline families with us. I have grown so close with The Dowis family. Their son, Bo, was one of Maddie's best friends at the orphanage. The nannies laughed and said, "Maddie would sing the karaoke and Bo would dance!"  I want these two to always remain close friends!


The medical appointment was wild!  So many families there... All finalizing their adoptions. Kids were screaming and crying, but you do whatever it takes to get them home!  Maddie did great on all of her examinations. She weighs about 15 pounds. The doctor kept telling me what a happy child she was!  We are truly blessed. After the appointment, we grabbed a bite of lunch. Todd had a paperwork meeting at 2:30, and Maddie and I took a nap. We went to dinner with the lifeline families this evening. I was so proud that one of the men in our group stood up and blessed our meal!  I am so proud that the restaurant was full when we did this!  This whole experience has been life changing for me. If you have ever had an ounce of pondering the thought of adoption, please do so!  So many children need homes! Remember, God has called us to care for the orphans!"  Love to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment