Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Visiting the Fuling Social Welfare Institution of Chongqing

I talked to Todd and Heather early this morning. I knew that they had gone to Fuling and was so thankful to see pictures of the people who first loved Maddie. Heather sent me this information to share.

"And now these remain: faith, hope, and love....and the greatest of these is love!"  1 Corinthians 13:13

"Today has been a hard day!  I was dreading going to the orphanage because she has really done so well being with us. We drove 2 hours to the orphanage...it is located high on a mountain. We got out, and Maddie got excited. I knew then that she had been well taken care of and loved. We walked up a flight of stairs, and the nannies immediately came to me. I had her in my baby carrier, and they started pulling her out. I didn't mind. She went (happily). However, she kept an eye on me and Todd. Her nanny was so sweet and loved her so. The other nanny (in baby room) had bonded also. They made pictures of her on their own cell phones. They paraded her up and down the hall to visit the other rooms of nannies. She had a special friend (3year old little girl) who was so excited to see her. Todd and I took bags of candy for the children. Well, this sweet little girl handed Maddie her sucker that a nanny had just given her. She even unwrapped it for her!  The nannies were all so nice and cheerful. Even the assistant orphanage director (the one who handed her to me on gotcha day) came to love on her. We made lots of pictures to show Maddie about her first home. I was so afraid (when we were ready to leave) that Maddie would cry. She truly loved these people!  I reached for her, and she immediately came!  I broke down and cried!  Adoption is s wonderful thing, but it begins with loss!  :(. I'm truly grateful for all the blessings that God has given me. 4 babies were grown under my heart, and one grown in it!"


Todd and Heather took tons of pictures while there were at Fuling. I'm sure Maddie will be so thankful to always have the pictures of her first home!


The bed on the left was Maddie's
 This is my absolute FAVORITE! I love how Maddie is looking for Heather! It definitely looks like she is making sure that Heather isn't going anywhere without her!
 This picture is so sweet! The nannies and Maddie's friends came to the window to wave good bye!



No comments:

Post a Comment